7 Best Tips to Eliminate Sun Spots
Summer is the season to acquire memories and keepsakes that will last a lifetime. Though if sunspots are not your idea of a treasured keepsake, follow these 7 steps to avoid these unwanted momentos.
- Sunscreen. (need we say more?). Don’t forget your hands and chest!!
- Regular exfoliation increases cell turnover, which means fresh new skin replaces dry and discolored skin quicker. Detox Micro Scrub is 100% natural, 100% gentle and will freshen your complexion after one use!
- Lightening creams. Recent advancements in skin lightening ingredients have made lightening creams safe, effective and surprisingly fast. Our Fade Away dark spot corrector contains lactic acid, licorice root extract and a preservative-free peptide that inhibits melanin activity.
- Overheating increases melanin activity, so cool down skin as soon as possible after sun exposure and exercise with a cold cloth or ice pack.
- Apply topical creams that have Vitamins A, C and E, which fight the free radicals that can cause damage, for an extra layer of protection under your sunscreen. Vitamin A is still the proven age-reversing ingredient in retinoids products such as the award winning Retinu.
- Taking vitamin E or C supplements following sun exposure may help reduce likelihood of skin damage and sunspots. The Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology reports that subjects who ingested these antioxidant vitamins experiences less sun damage than those who did not. Perfect Women contains 1000% daily recommended value of vitamin C and 667% of vitamin A.
- LED light therapy is a painless non-invasive way to lighten sun spots and brighten skin tone. An LED red and near-infrared light have been proven to increase tissue growth, reduce wrinkles and dramatically improve sun damaged skin.